Friday 12 February 2016

HIIT Exercise Experiment to Raise Basal Body Temperature to Kill Candida Day 1

Dry eyes, coarse hair, fatigue and itchy skin would seem to point to candida albicans, but I have since learned that this yeast overgrowth in the gut can be the result of another underlying problem: below average body temperature. My digital thermometer shocked me with my low basal body temperature readings that persisted for several hours per night.

Small wonder I was looking and feeling lousy in the mornings.

So now, my problem has evolved from: how to get rid of candida albicans to how to raise my basal body temperature.

Hypothyroid Like Symptoms

Many Spices are Thermogenic
Regardless of how healthily you eat, if your basal body temperature falls below average, the organs, immune system, detoxification and enzymes cannot function properly. Worse, the candida will flourish and the good bacteria will suffer. This is because candida likes the cooler environment, but the good flora prefers a toasty 37°C

Unless I can get my body temperature higher, I am on a losing battle against candida.

Barnes Test for Hypothyroidism.

According to the Barnes Basal Body Temperature score, in a healthy person, the core body temperature should never fall below 36.6°C in a 24 hour period, and should remain around 37°C for 10 hours per day.

Mine dipped to between 36.0°C and 36.3°C for seven hours per night. During daytime, it barely touched 37°C, averaging around 36.7°C to 36.8°C. My hands and feet are often cold.

Tests for hypothyroidism are negative, so causes would point to adrenal exhaustion and/or estrogen dominance.

Diet for Heat

After making changes to my diet, including introducing more thermogenic foods, today is day 1 of my new exercise program: HIIT, which stands for High Intensity Interval Training. The BBC did a program about it, featuring Dr Andrew Mosely.

Digital Thermometer
Put simply, this micro exercise program consists of a short warm up (which might be stretches or gentle jogging on the spot), followed by going flat-out in to exhaustion in some way for 20 or 30 seconds.

The flat-out exercise can be anything from running up a hill, doing squats or racing up and down the stairs. Do this for 30 seconds, and then spend thirty seconds resuming the gentle exercise.

Repeat the flat-out activity for a further 20 seconds. Then another interval of gentle exercises. And finally, another 20 seconds of high intensity activity.

Finish off with a few minutes of cooling down activity, which might be gentle jogging or walking around the room until breathing returns to normal.

The entire HIIT session may last only a few minutes, but has shown to improve insulin sensitivity and produce new mitochondria, the cells that produce energy (and heat).

Incredibly, these sessions need only be practiced for 3 times per week. (One day on, one day off), amounting to just nine or so minutes of exercise per week.

Does HIIT Raise Body Temperature

HIIT is better than long periods of exercise such as jogging or swimming, as it doesn’t put the adrenal glands under pressure. It also raises fitness levels in a way that other, moderate exercise cannot.

Another problem with sustained physical exercise is that while you might feel hot, your body temperature actually drops, as the body cannot keep up with demand and so dow- regulates metabolism to compensate.

How to do High Intensity Training Exercise with Equipment

So before breakfast, I have practiced my very first HIIT exercise. This is a short warm up, of jogging around the room. I then raced up and down the stairs as quickly as possible for 20 to 30 seconds. I managed to complete only 3 rotations, before I felt totally exhausted.

It took quite some time to recover, but today is day one of my trial to see if by introducing HIIT exercise into my candida diet, my blood temperature might improve over time. This will in turn pave the way for curing myself of candida albicans.

Incidentally, here are the data for my body temperature today. As can be seen, they are on the low side.

1 am this morning 36.1°C
5.45 am 36.2°C
7 am (before rising) 36.5°C
7.30 (after rising) 36.6°C
9 am (before breakfast) dropped to 36.3°C
9.20 (after HIIT exercise dropped again) to 36.1°C
9. 40 am (after breakfast) 36.9°C
11 am went down to 36.4°C (had cold feet)
2.30pm 36.8°C
3.20pm 36.8°C

Hmm not seeing 37°C today. Perhaps HIIT will help.

More Articles about Candida Albicans